Murungai Vithai / Drumstick Dried Seeds ( Raw )
Description of Murungai Vithai / Drumstick Dried Seeds ( Raw ):
Moringa oleifera is a small size tree with approximately 5 to 10 m height. It is cultivated all over the world due to its multiple utilities. Every part of Moringa is used for certain nutritional and/or medicinal propose. Besides being a good source of protein, vitamins, oils, fatty acids, micro-macro minerals elements and various phenolics. Moringa seeds also offer many nutritional benefits. It contain:
• Seven times more vitamin C than oranges.
• Four times the amount of vitamin A found in carrots.
• Four times more calcium than milk.
• Three times more potassium than bananas.
• Two times more protein than yogurt.
Botanical Name : Moringa Oleifera
English Name : Drumstick Seed
Tamil Name : முருங்கை விதை / Murungai Vithai
Hindi Name : अहिजान , मूँग / सेंजन / Ahijan, Munaga / Senjana
Malayalam Name: മുരിങ്ങ / Muringai
Telugu Name : మోచకము / మూలగా / మూలగా చెట్టు / Mochakamu, Mulaga, Mulaga Chettu
Benefits of Murungai Vithai / Drumstick Dried Seeds ( Raw ):
1. Ayurvedic Medicine to Lower Blood Pressure:High blood pressure is a serious cardiovascular issue that can lead to heart attacks and stroke if it isn’t managed. While studies have shown that moringa can lower blood pressure, these studies are preliminary and more research needs to be done on humans, so talk to your doctor before stopping any prescribed treatment for high blood pressure.
2. Siddha Medicine to Boost Energy:A single serving of moringa has almost three times the amount of iron as spinach. This is especially important for vegetarians/vegans and those who suffer from low iron issues, as the body needs iron to enrich the blood and carry oxygen to our muscles, organs, and tissues.
3. Patti Vaithiyam to Lower Blood Sugar Levels: Moringa seeds can lower blood sugar levels, which would provide therapeutic management ( or even prevention ) of diabetes. However, the study was done on lab rats and research is needed on humans before any recommendations can be made.
4.Natural food with High Fiber: Moringa is high in fiber, and as a result it can do a great job of moving food along your digestive system. Fiber is also a key component in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
5. Natural way to Lower Cholesterol:Too much cholesterol in the blood has been linked to heart disease. In traditional Tamil medicine, moringa is used as a Cardio tonic. Some plants have been known to reverse bad cholesterol and research is showing that moringa is among them.
6.Herb to Promote Healthy and Beautiful Skin:The oil extracted from the seeds contains almost 30 antioxidants. The skin absorbs the oil well and can receive these nourishing antioxidants easily. The oil can be used as a moisturizer and antiseptic.
You are requested to consult your Doctor before use.